Monday, July 19, 2010

Good Timing

     When I was boy about fourteen, or so I used to have a friend who I will call Galagher the Great.  Galagher was always talking about how his house was haunted by ghosts.  So a friend and, I wanted to stay the night to see what he was talking about.  He claimed that every time he woke up in the middle of the night and looked at the clock it would always be the same number in threes across the bord.  For instance, it would say thirty three minutes after three o'clock.  Or, five minutes to six, and so on.  You get the idea.
     We stayed over but, he just couldn't get it to work. I was still fascinated by it though.  Then when I was older, I started noticing the same thing happening to me.  I started noticing that the numbers on the clock were all the same. 
     Then after that, it was always twenty four minutes after the hour.  Like what ever I was doing, or thinking about at the time that I'd inadvertently glance at my clock, (even if I was sleeping), and sure enough, it was twenty four minutes after the hour.  I'd then use this information to determine if  what I was doing at that time was good luck, or not.
     Later it became thirteen minutes of the hour, and then It went to cool numbers like eight fifty eight which is twenty one in black jack.  Or neat little combinations that read forward, and backward.  Like nine minutes and, nine seconds after nine. 
     Lately it's been exactly zero seconds after any minute of the day.  Some times I get really lucky and it's on the hour.  Straight up.  And speaking of straights, sometimes I see awesome poker hands like thirty four minutes, and fiftiy six seconds after twelve o'clock. 
     What I really want to see is eleven minutes, and eleven seconds after eleven on November the eleventh, two thousand eleven.  That will be twelve ones all at the same time.  I'm really hoping to be able to see that one.  It's going to be kind of like watching a comet go by that will never return again. 
Celeste, and Kurt

No comments: