Sunday, July 25, 2010

Add An Alias

     I think that living in this world today anything can happen. But the one thing that always seems to amaze me the most is how the shipping industry works. Things like those huge cargo ships from all over the world dropping stuff off every day, all over the country, and around the World.
     I love it when UPS or FedEx comes to the door with a package. It's like Christmas or something. It sometimes is even more of a treat than going to the store and getting it. Especially when it's a surprise for someone you love, or something like that. It's the anticipation that gets me.
     Not that I don't prefer instant gratification, because I do.  It's just amazing to me how it all works.  No matter what it is, or where it comes from you can get it in a matter of days. Even over-night if you want, and it comes right to your front door.
    When it comes, even if it's something that isn't exactly what I wanted, I usually keep it anyway. Unless it's boots or shoes. In that case I usually want to go to the store in town to get them, (because I know how hard it is to find a good pair of shoes that fit).
     Then there's the mail. All those letters from people everywhere. It's hard for me to believe sometimes, but it's something that can be done. Every time I see a truck go by I'm saying,"there goes brown", or "there's FedEx". And then of course there's the mail man himself. I sit on the couch looking out the window just to see if he's coming yet.
     So there I am, staring out my apartment window as people go by getting in or, out of their cars, and such. One day, Celeste looked up at me, and said, "what are you doing over there?".  I said, "looking for the mail man". Then one of us said, "look, its Norman Bates!  Every bodies going to think you are that guy from Psycho",
     Even though it's Norman's mother looking out the widow at him in the movie we still called me Norman. Which I kind of liked. So if you guys want to, you can call me Norman. Norman Bates.
Celeste and, Kurt aka "Norman"

No comments: