After I'd been out working all night, they would keep me up all day, and into the next night talking. I wasn't getting any sleep. I'd get maybe an hour, or two here, and there but even with those little naps it felt like I'd just closed my eyes, and immediately had to open them back up again. No dreams, no nothing.
I couldn't even tell how long I had been asleep. It might've been minutes, it might've been hours. I didn't know. That's when I started thinking that my alarm clock wasn't telling the right time, or wasn't set right for the alarm to go off. So the next day, I gave it a test run, and it seemed to work just fine. That's when I started using two alarm clocks.
In case the first one stopped working, or wasn't set right the other one would be there to wake me up. I called these alarm clocks 'The Two Cylinders.' Something like a v-twin motorcycle engine except that they work independently of one another. That way if one of the cylinders stopped working, the other one would be there to save the day.
Then, since I had the clocks set to go off at different times, what would happen is I would wake up, (sometimes even before the alarm), get in the shower, and then the alarm would go off. If not the first one, then the second one, because it hadn't been turned off right. Or, I had hit the snooze button or, something like that would happen. Thus, waking everyone in the house up.
I also had began losing things all the time. I thought that some type of radiation had spread over the Earth allowing things to be teleported but, if I arranged everything just so, nothing could be teleported. So, I became obsessed with having everything arranged a certain way, and put into it's own little place.
It wasn't long before my life became so unmanageable that I just couldn't function any more. It was shortly after that when I got the help that I so desperately needed.
Celeste, and Kurt
No comments:
Post a Comment